- New Arrivals
- Living Room Top Picks
- Sofa & Sectional Collections
- Sofas & Loveseats
- Custom Quick Ship Seating
- Leather Furniture
- Accent Chairs & Chaises
- Coffee Tables
- End Tables & Accent Tables
- Console Tables
- Storage & Display
- Media Furniture
- Fabrics & Leathers
- Furniture Finish Samples
- Shop By Room
- HOME OFFICE
- RUGS & FLOORING
- NEW ARRIVALS
- SHOP EVERYTHING
- Hidden category for products in viewer
- Need a part?
Arcata Chair, Quick Ship$2,090.00
Turner Swivel Chair, Quick Ship$1,860.00
Emerson Chair, Quick Ship$1,760.00
Rawlins Leather Reclinerfrom $3,500.00
Rawlins Reclinerfrom $2,750.00
Timlyn Leather Wing Chairfrom $2,150.00
Timlyn Wing Chairfrom $1,700.00
Colburn Leather Recliner, Omni/Brown$3,550.00
Cromwell Leather Recliner, Omni/Tobacco$3,400.00
Conor Leather Recliner, Omni/Brown$3,400.00
Emerson Chair, Quick Ship$1,470.00
Reede Tall-Back Leather Club Chairfrom $2,600.00
Reede Tall-Back Club Chairfrom $2,000.00
Spencer Roll-Arm Sleeper Sofafrom $3,185.00
Cromwell Leather Reclinerfrom$3,380.00more colors availablemore options available
Saasha Sherpa Chair$870.00
Monica Swivel Gliderfrom $2,230.00
Allyce Swivel Chairfrom $1,880.00
Spencer Roll-Arm Chair, Quick Shipfrom $1,930.00
Designer FAQs: Living Room Chairs & Chaises
How are Ethan Allen chairs made?
Step one of crafting your perfect chair involves choosing the right design, the perfect fabric, and, if applicable, the best finish for you. Then, our craftsmen take the lead to pour our tradition for excellent craftsmanship into building, tailoring, and finishing your dream-chair-come-true.
All of our upholstered chairs are tailored by hand with richly colored fabrics for an exquisite appearance. You can further customize your chair with a variety of tufting options, welting, and nailhead trim for a look that’s unique to you and your home.
Let’s get basic: What is an accent chair?
Accent chairs have many names—“side chair,” “armchair,” “living room chair,” among others—but those are just a lot of ways to refer to a chair that complements (or “accents”) your other furniture. Some have arms, others don’t; some have high backs, some have low backs. These chairs can come in a variety of leathers, fabrics, patterns, and colors.
Where can I put an accent chair or chaise?
Accent chairs or chaises look great in nearly any space, but are a common choice for living rooms, sitting rooms, studies or libraries, or even bedrooms.
- Fill a corner with an accent chair that adds a pop of color and a dash of functionality.
- Make your sitting room stand out with comfy accent chairs in the center of the room that make guests want to stop and chat for a while.
- Place an accent chair (or two) adjacent to your sofa to add even more seating to your living room.
- Sit one or two accent chairs across from your home office desk if you need a place for visitors to sit.
- Add an accent chair to your bedroom to give yourself a place to sit while getting ready, reading, and more.
To help plan your space, including where to put your accent chair, check out our 3D room planner.
Will an accent chair fit in my space?
Accent chairs come in many shapes and sizes, large and small. We offer small accent chairs in a variety of styles to suit your aesthetic, even in small rooms. In general, you’ll want a foot or two of space in front of your accent chair so you can walk around comfortably.
For help visualizing one of our chairs in your space, download the EA inHome® app.
What types of chairs are there?
With all the types of accent chairs there are, you’re sure to find one you love.
- Wingback chairs offer a classic silhouette popular in traditional homes for their cozy, comfy arms and high backs.
- Club chairs are another popular style, beloved for their oversized look and low back that give them a modern flair.
- Chaises are a popular choice for larger spaces and people who want to stretch out their legs while they relax.
- Swivel chairs are made for entertaining! This unique spin on accent chairs rotates so you can face wherever the conversation is happening.
What are the benefits of a swivel chair?
Swivel chairs make it easier to face what’s happening—conversation, TV-watching, whatever—without turning your body. Because the chair moves instead of you, you can turn without a second thought. We find that these chairs are of special benefit to people with lower back pain because you don’t have to twist in your seat.
Put a personal spin on your favorite style story with a swivel chair to suit your space. Try out a classic skirted chair in a cozy fabric, a modern barrel chair in rich leather, or a sleek, slim-profile chair that blends into small spaces.
Do my accent chairs have to match my sofa?
Your accent chair can either match your sofa or stand out in a bold, complementary pattern or hue. As long as the overall vibe of your furniture is harmonious, you can customize each piece to your heart’s content. Here are some ideas:
- An accent chair in a stripe fabric would look great in a country or coastal living room.
- Classic accent chairs are often upholstered in neutral hues, or in black or brown leather.
- Your Modern space would be accentuated with a striking chair tailored with a novelty pattern fabric or in white.
And don’t forget to finish your space—accent chairs pair well with a small ottoman to use as a footstool or with an accent table for placing drinks, books, and décor.
For more ideas, visit our shop by rooms living room page.
And, if you need help choosing furniture for your whole living room, read our living room seating buying guide.
Are Ethan Allen chairs comfortable?
Our chairs are designed with supportive seats to give you the exact amount of comfort you want. We use the same cushions that we use in our world-class sofas, with foams certified through the CertiPUR-US® program for their lasting durability; you can also find other cushion options, like featherblend, in our Design Centers. With the proper care, your cushions will keep their shape through years of comfortable sitting.
Do you have more questions? Click the Designer Chat icon, or contact your local Design Center—we’re happy to help!