- New Arrivals
- Living Room Top Picks
- Sofa & Sectional Collections
- Sofas & Loveseats
- Custom Quick Ship Seating
- Leather Furniture
- Accent Chairs & Chaises
- Coffee Tables
- End Tables & Accent Tables
- Console Tables
- Storage & Display
- Media Furniture
- Fabrics & Leathers
- Furniture Finish Samples
- Shop By Room
- HOME OFFICE
- RUGS & FLOORING
- NEW ARRIVALS
- SHOP EVERYTHING
- Hidden category for products in viewer
- Need a part?
Timlyn Wing Chairfrom $1,700.00
Juilliard Barrel-Back Wing Chairfrom$1,580.00more colors available
Ivery Wing Chairfrom $1,690.00
Kent Wing Chair$1,630.00
Kyle Wing Chairfrom$1,940.00more colors available
Rhodes Leather Chairfrom$3,070.00more colors available
Giselle Chairfrom$1,960.00more colors available
Giles Leather Chairfrom$2,790.00more colors available
Corrine Chairfrom$2,330.00more colors available
Rhodes Chairfrom$2,280.00more colors available
Giles Chairfrom$2,250.00more colors available
Skylar Wing Chairfrom$2,370.00more colors available
Caden Wing Chairfrom$1,860.00more colors available
Wilder Wing Chairfrom$1,940.00more colors available
Parker Chairfrom$2,010.00more colors available
Isaac Wing Chairfrom$2,000.00more colors available
Ivery Leather Wing Chair$2,205.00
Skylar Leather Wing Chairfrom$2,910.00more colors available
Corrine Leather Chairfrom$2,600.00more colors available
Kyle Leather Wing Chairfrom$2,410.00more colors available
Parker Leather Chairfrom$2,320.00more colors available
Wilder Leather Wing Chairfrom$2,460.00more colors available
Giselle Leather Chairfrom$2,220.00more colors available
Designer FAQs: Wingback Accent Chairs
How many types of wing chairs are there?
You’d be surprised how versatile the winged chair can be! Here are a few styles you can choose from:
- Scroll wings are traditional, wider-at-the-top flared wings, and they can have different arm styles at their base. Go with a roll arm for a more formal feel or a flare arm for a casual or modern feel.
- Flat wings are narrower at the top and either stay the same width or grow wider toward the base. They’re great if you want the sheltering feel of a wingback chair within a more subtle, subdued frame.
- Barrel-back wing chairs lean a little midcentury, and the wings wrap around from the back rather than being attached.
The fabric or leather you choose will give your wingback chair its character. Order a sample from our fabric and leather libraries, or visit a Design Center to see hundreds more.
For an even more polished look, look for wing chairs with these options:
- Wood frames add a sleek edge to any winged chair design; think Queen Anne but more modern and simple.
- Tufting gives a wing chair a formal, in-command presence.
What is the purpose of a wing chair?
Some historians say the wingback design was created to contain heat coming from the fireplace, so the person sitting in the chair could stay warm. In the days of central heating, we admire the wing chair profile more for its good looks than anything else.
Wondering what your new wing chair will look like in any room? Download our EA inHome® app to see it, at approximate size and scale, in your current space.
Are wingback chairs comfortable?
Wingback chairs typically have a high, tall back, so they may not be suited for hours of Netflix and chill. For lengthy lounging sessions, choose a club chair or even better, a recliner with wings.
Wing chairs shine in spaces where conversation is the central entertainment, such as formal living rooms or after-brunch parlors. Particularly in leather, they’re beautiful additions to a library; if a space is on the dressy side, a wing chair will feel right at home.
Why should I get a wingback accent chair from Ethan Allen?
Most of our wing chairs are made to order, which means they’re built from scratch and tailored by hand in the fabric or leather of your choice. We tailor every wingback chair in our very own North American workshops to ensure the highest standards of quality.
- Frames are crafted from durable engineered wood panels and fitted together with mortise-and-tenon joinery.
- We only use CertiPUR-US® certified foams.
- Fabrics meet or exceed industry standards for colorfastness, pilling, seam abrasion, and more.
- We cut and color-blend our own leathers—no vinyl matching, bonded pieces, or castoffs.
Do you have more questions? Click the Designer Chat icon, or contact your local Design Center—we’re happy to help!