Townsend Leather Recliner, Old English/Chocolate
33"w x 42"h x 37"d
Item 837948 L7176
IN STOCK: We will contact you within an estimated 2-4 weeks to schedule Premier In-Home Delivery.
A three-position recliner, our Townsend recliner boasts an impressively high back and a generous head cushion so even your tallest friends and family members will be comfortable. Hand-tailored in our North American workshops in a rich chocolate colored top-grain leather, Townsend offers deluxe comfort and classic style that lasts.
- Roll-arm style, tall profile, and loose-welted seat cushion suited for any traditional space
- Poly-wrapped foam cushions provide a structured, soft seat
- Engineered hardwood frame for superior strength and long-lasting durability
- Options shown: Old English/Chocolate (L7176) top grain leather, Northwood (945) water-based finish on legs.Click here to order leather swatch
- Place 21" from wall; opens to 67"
- Most of our hand-selected leathers can resist spills and stains. Order a swatch to learn more, or view our Use & Care brochure
- Interior seating area: 21”w × 19”d
- Seat back: 21”h
- Seat height (floor to top of cushion): 21”
- Arm height: 26”
- Cushion: -6 Comfort Soft
- The dimensions listed are not precise measurements; they have been rounded up to the next whole inch. Our hand-tailoring upholstery involves manually cutting, sewing, and fitting material to frames; the dimensions of each style may vary slightly from piece to piece.
- Packaged weight: 112 lbs
- Hand tailored in North America by Ethan Allen artisans
- A gentle push on the arms moves mechanism smoothly between reclining positions.
- Solid hardwood frame has double-doweled, glued and screwed joinery and 1¼" thick rails in load-bearing areas.
- Heavy-gauge wire coil with protective coating minimizes body impressions and eliminates seating noises.
- Long-lasting oven-tempered coil spring units function independently for individualized comfort across the seating area.
- Soft foam, fiber and nonwoven ticking surround a dense core for sink-in comfort with firm support.
- Horizontal channels in back pillows minimize fill shift and settling. To prevent pressure punctures, nonwoven ticking allows air to escape during use.
PRODUCT CARE AND WARRANTY
SHIPPING & RETURNS
BEFORE YOU ORDER
Please measure to confirm that your furniture will fit through all gates, doors, stairways, elevators, and/or hallways that it will pass through during delivery. Click here to learn how to measure.
PREMIER HOME DELIVERY
Our delivery specialists will contact you to schedule delivery for your furniture. They inspect each piece before loading it onto the delivery vehicle, bring it to your home, assemble it, and place it exactly where you want it to go. When you order a new mattress, your delivery specialist can take away your old one; make sure to provide advance notice.
Click here to see more details about our shipping and delivery options.
See shipping information above for estimated delivery time and delivery method.
In Stock items delivered via Premier In-Home Delivery are returnable within 30 days. Delivery fees are the responsibility of the customer, and they are nonrefundable.
We use the finest full‑ and top‑grain leathers, which meet or exceed industry standards.
Flexible polyurethane foams certified for emissions, content, performance, and durability.
Our springs are made from heavy-gauge steel to provide long‑lasting support.
Constructed from engineered panels with mortise and tenon joints for strength and stability.
Frames are protected with durable, environmentally friendly and low-VOC finishes.
Standard push-on-the-arm mechanism for smooth three-position movement. Power upgrade available for more positions.
Beauty is in the details, and so is your unique style. Whether it’s a pattern or color, button tufting or welting, we offer many opportunities to choose what speaks to you, and about you.
From fabric or leather cut and sized for a flawless fit, to cushions adjusted by hand for perfect shape and positioning, our passion for quality is felt in every upholstered detail.
For 90 years we’ve put our hearts into curating unique perspectives on design. Our upholstered offerings are signatures of Ethan Allen style, to be enjoyed by your family for years to come.