- New Arrivals
- Living Room Top Picks
- Sofa & Sectional Collections
- Sofas & Loveseats
- Custom Quick Ship Seating
- Leather Furniture
- Accent Chairs & Chaises
- Upholstered Benches
- Coffee Tables
- End Tables & Accent Tables
- Console Tables
- Storage & Display
- Media Furniture
- Fabrics & Leathers
- Furniture Finish Samples
- Shop By Room
- HOME OFFICE
- RUGS & FLOORING
- NEW ARRIVALS
- SHOP EVERYTHING
- Made in North America
- Need a part?
from$1,560.00Now from $1,248.00
from$930.00Now from $744.00more colors availablemore options available
from$1,850.00Now from $1,480.00more colors available
from$950.00Now from $760.00more colors availablemore options available
from$2,220.00Now from $1,776.00more colors available
from$1,230.00Now from $984.00more colors available
from$1,060.00Now from $848.00more colors available
from$1,240.00Now from $992.00more colors available
from$1,440.00Now from $1,152.00more colors available
Designer FAQs: Upholstered Bench Seats
How are Ethan Allen benches upholstered?
Ethan Allen benches are tailored by hand in our North American workshops. Here are some of the reasons why this is special:
- Ethan Allen benches are made to order and crafted with the options of your choice.
- We can fully customize your bench however you like: with different materials and finishes for the legs, custom tufting, nailhead trim, and much more. If you don’t see a customization you want online, visit a Design Center to see what’s available.
- Every bench is tailored around an engineered hardwood frame for long-lasting durability.
- We only use CertiPUR-US® certified foams.
What upholstery options do I have for my bench?
Our benches can be made with the fabric or leather of your choice, then completed with the perfect trimmings for you: multiple tufting options, nailhead trim, or even accent fabrics on a single piece. Working with our designers, you will be able to create the bench of your dreams that is totally unique to you.
Experiment with some of our design options with our 3D room planner , or reach out to your Design Center to get to customizing!
How do I choose my bench design? What height should it be?
First, consider the amount of space you have. Here are some ways your space influences what size bench you need:
- If your bench will be placed at the end of your bed, you may want a long and narrow bench so you can comfortably walk around it.
- If your bench will be in an entryway, make sure you leave at least 18 inches around your bench for the best traffic flow—and don’t forget to take opening and closing doors into account.
Second, think about the rest of your furniture.
- Whether you have a classic, country, coastal, or modern space, your bench should fit right in with the overall aesthetic of your room.
- You can get creative with mix-and-match patterns, colors, and materials for a fun appearance. See some of our favorite fabric combinations for ideas. You can also match your bench to other upholstered furniture, like a headboard or sofa, for a uniform look.
Most of our benches have a seat height of around 20 inches, give or take, which is comparable to the seat heights of our sofas. For more tips on measurements and more, check out our living room seating buying guide.
Why do I need a bench indoors?
Some reasons you might need or want a bench in your space:
- You need a place to sit while getting ready in the morning or changing clothes in the evening—in your bedroom, closet, or bathroom.
- You need a place near the front door to put on or take off shoes.
- You want to hide the back of your sofa or add extra seating to your living room without adding more chairs.
- You need to fill a small space with something functional—in a hallway, near a wraparound staircase, etc.
Where can I put an indoor bench?
Benches are versatile pieces of furniture that have a place nearly anywhere in your home.
- Bedroom: In a bedroom, we most commonly see benches at the foot of the bed, but you may also want to place it near your dresser. Benches also work well as seating at a vanity!
- Living room: Living room benches look great hiding the back of your sofa, set against a window, or flush with an accent wall.
- Walk-in closet: Walk-in closets are a functional place for a bench—add a little luxury to getting dressed with an upholstered seat.
- Bathroom: Similar to benches in walk-in closets, a bench in a bathroom uniquely blends luxury and function.
- Entry or hallway: Entry or hallway benches are the perfect place to sit while getting ready to leave the house. Place a bench in the corner near a wraparound staircase to fill a difficult-to-decorate space.
Want to visualize one of our benches in your space? Download the EA inHome® app.
Are Ethan Allen upholstered benches comfortable?
Although the upholstered benches on this page are backless and designed for short-term seating, many of our dining room benches have backs, and our designers often swap them into entryways, living rooms, and bedrooms—they’re versatile! Chat with your designer about the space you have available and how you think you’ll use your bench.
How do I choose between a wood or metal bench?
This depends completely on your preferences and the mood of your room. We think wood benches give off classic, country, or coastal vibes, while metal benches have a more sleek and modern appearance.
Do you have more questions? Click the Designer Chat icon, or contact your local Design Center—we’re happy to help!