74" w x 37" d x 34" h
Addison Bisque (21933), textured woven solid
Ledley Silver (62853), textured woven solid
Borini Gray (H1355), textured woven herringbone
Fonte Oyster (H1439), casual woven solid
Gil Fog (H2655), heathered chenille solid
Desi Cashew (48674), elegant chenille solid
Hibbert Indigo (58688), casual chenille solid
Kinsley Mineral (P7880), indoor outdoor woven solid
Ramona Spruce (38325), lustrous velvet solid
Addison Bisque (21933), textured woven solid
Cordoba Teal (41829), woven
Cordoba Dune (41870), woven
Remy Flax (90631), soft heathered chenille
Verner Pepper (91454), midcentury textured tweed
Bern Ash (91952), woven
Bern Leaf (91923), woven
Laramie Denim (92485), woven
Custom made: We will contact you within an estimated 6-8 weeks to schedule Premier In-Home Delivery.
A little midcentury, a little Scandinavia, and a whole lot of fashion sense unite to form the simple yet stunning silhouette of our Carlen sofa. A smooth back and slender flared arms keep the look clean and minimalist—although you can up the midcentury ante by adding accent buttons—while loose cushions add comfy and inviting vibes.
- Slim, flare-arm sofa with midcentury and Nordic roots. Available with smooth back or accent button.
- Stain-resistant fabric prevents damage from spills. Great choice for homes with families or pets.
- Engineered panel frame. Superior strength and durability.
- Customizable in hundreds of fabric options
- Tapered cone leg available in several water based finishes. Finish shown in Raisin (939).
- Also available: Carlen Chair
- Hand-tailored in North America by Ethan Allen artisans
- Because our upholstery is tailored by hand—manually cut, sewn, and fitted to each frame—dimensions may vary slightly and have been rounded up to the next whole inch
- 74" sofa:
- Interior seating area: 64"w x 22"d x 15"h
- Packaged weight: 156 lbs.
- Product weight: 137 lbs.
- 85" sofa:
- Interior seating area: 75"w x 22"d x 15"h
- Packaged weight: 169 lbs.
- Product weight: 153 lbs.
- Arm height: 30"
- Seat height: 18"
- Leg height: 5.5"
- Frame: Multi-ply engineered panels with glued and stapled mortise and tenon joints
- Seat cushions: Polyurethane foam core wrapped in polyester fiber
- Back cushions: Polyester fiber core wrapped in non-woven ticking
- Foams: Certified through the CertiPUR-US® program
- Springs: Heavy-gauge wire coil with protective coating
- Product images may be digitally rendered; final product may vary slightly from rendering. Fabric swatches and finish samples are available for most items, free of charge.
PRODUCT CARE AND WARRANTY
SHIPPING & RETURNS
BEFORE YOU ORDER
Please measure to confirm that your furniture will fit through all gates, doors, stairways, elevators, and/or hallways that it will pass through during delivery. Click here to learn how to measure.
PREMIER HOME DELIVERY
Our delivery specialists will contact you to schedule delivery for your furniture. They inspect each piece before loading it onto the delivery vehicle, bring it to your home, assemble it, and place it exactly where you want it to go. When you order a new mattress, your delivery specialist can take away your old one; make sure to provide advance notice.
Click here to see more details about our shipping and delivery options.
Customized furniture, which arrives via Premier In-Home Delivery, is made to your specifications. These may include custom fabrics that are tailored by hand to the furniture frame, custom finishes applied by hand, and artisanal details like leaf, trim, welting, and more.
- Customization takes a little extra time; see your product page for an estimate and note that all times are subject to change.
- Because this is made exclusively for you, it is nonreturnable.
- If you decide to cancel your order, you must notify Ethan Allen within 72 hours.
- If you receive a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, please contact us right away at 1.888.324.3571 or via email at email@example.com.
Meet or exceed all industry standards for abrasion and strength. Treated for stain repellency.
Flexible polyurethane foams certified for emissions, content, performance, and durability.
Our springs are made from heavy-gauge steel to provide long‑lasting support.
Constructed from engineered panels with mortise and tenon joints for strength and stability.
Frames are protected with durable, environmentally friendly and low-VOC finishes.
Beauty is in the details, and so is your unique style. Whether it’s a pattern or color, button tufting or welting, we offer many opportunities to choose what speaks to you, and about you.
From fabric or leather cut and sized for a flawless fit, to cushions adjusted by hand for perfect shape and positioning, our passion for quality is felt in every upholstered detail.
For 90 years we’ve put our hearts into curating unique perspectives on design. Our upholstered offerings are signatures of Ethan Allen style, to be enjoyed by your family for years to come.