86" l x 66" w x 61" h
Custom made: We will contact you within an estimated 5-7 weeks to schedule Premier In-Home Delivery.
With its camelback-style upholstered panel headboard and graceful tapered legs, our Charlton bed adds instant elegance to any bedroom. Add dramatic bedding and pillows to create your own posh sanctuary.
- Camelback-style upholstered headboard panel, wooden base. Instant elegance.
- Lean back in comfort without worrying about leaving marks; we offer a wide range of stain-resistant fabric options
- Exposed wood frame available in multiple water-based finishes
- Available in queen, king, and California king sizes
- Requires both a foundation and a mattress; we recommend a combined height of 24" to 30". Compatible with motion base. If you need help making your selection, ask any designer or click here to use our chart.
- NOTE: Back of headboard comes standard in Ethan Allen logo tag fabric.
- Also available in leather
- The fabrics and finishes shown here are our most popular, but if you don't see what you're looking for, visit a Design Center.
Composition and Construction
Engineered Hardwood frame construction allows for greater durability and strength. Mortise and tenon joints have replaced traditional dowel construction used in frame construction. The mortise (hole or slot) is cut into one member and the tenon or tongue from the adjoining piece fits tightly so that, when glued, these joints act as if the wood has grown together. This method of interlocking joinery provides greater stability with fewer joints. Frames are constructed of 7-ply engineered hardwood panels for increased strength and durability. Frames are glued and stapled.
Heavy gauge coil spring unit coils are linked together and attached to a heavy gauge border wire for consistency and longevity. Individualized coil seating units function independently of the other providing individual seating comfort for even support and weight distribution. Each spring is oven tempered to provide greater strength and durability.
Additional Options for this Upholstery product available in our Design Centers
A variety of wood finishes are available to complement any fabric or leather application you choose.
- Product images may be digitally rendered; final product may vary slightly from rendering. Fabric swatches and finish samples are available for most items, free of charge.
PRODUCT CARE AND WARRANTY
SHIPPING & RETURNS
BEFORE YOU ORDER
Please measure to confirm that your furniture will fit through all gates, doors, stairways, elevators, and/or hallways that it will pass through during delivery. Click here to learn how to measure.
PREMIER HOME DELIVERY
Our delivery specialists will contact you to schedule delivery for your furniture. They inspect each piece before loading it onto the delivery vehicle, bring it to your home, assemble it, and place it exactly where you want it to go. When you order a new mattress, your delivery specialist can take away your old one; make sure to provide advance notice.
Click here to see more details about our shipping and delivery options.
Customized furniture, which arrives via Premier In-Home Delivery, is made to your specifications. These may include custom fabrics that are tailored by hand to the furniture frame, custom finishes applied by hand, and artisanal details like leaf, trim, welting, and more.
- Customization takes a little extra time; see your product page for an estimate and note that all times are subject to change.
- Because this is made exclusively for you, it is nonreturnable.
- If you decide to cancel your order, you must notify Ethan Allen within 72 hours.
- If you receive a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, please contact us right away at 1.888.324.3571 or via email at email@example.com.
Meet or exceed all industry standards for abrasion and strength. Treated for stain repellency.
Flexible polyurethane foams certified for emissions, content, performance, and durability.
Our springs are made from heavy-gauge steel to provide long‑lasting support.
Constructed from engineered panels with mortise and tenon joints for strength and stability.
Frames are protected with durable, environmentally friendly and low-VOC finishes.
Beauty is in the details, and so is your unique style. Whether it’s a pattern or color, button tufting or welting, we offer many opportunities to choose what speaks to you, and about you.
From fabric or leather cut and sized for a flawless fit, to cushions adjusted by hand for perfect shape and positioning, our passion for quality is felt in every upholstered detail.
For 90 years we’ve put our hearts into curating unique perspectives on design. Our upholstered offerings are signatures of Ethan Allen style, to be enjoyed by your family for years to come.