With its deep diamond tufts and high rolled arms and back, a Chesterfield sofa is instantly familiar. As the story goes, the fourth Earl of Chesterfield commissioned the creation of a new kind of seat – one that was comfortable but let a gentleman keep his (easily wrinkled) ensemble unmussed. How popular did the style get? In some places, the word Chesterfield is a synonym for sofa.
Our Mansfield sofa is our most modern take yet on this clubby classic—hand-tailored in our North American workshops and crafted for pure comfort. To make sure you get the seating style that feels best to you, Mansfield is available in your choice of lengths and depths.
- Tight back
- Loose welted seat cushions
- Two 21" arm pillows included
- Stain-resistant fabric
- Available in leather
- Nailhead trim (shown) is available in Design Centers
- Custom options are available in Design Centers
Interior seating area:
- 202158 101" Sofa: 73"w x 25"d
- 202174 101" Sofa: 73"w x 22"d
- 202157 89" Sofa: 61"w x 25"d
- 202173 89" Sofa: 61"w x 22"d
- 202156 77" Sofa: 49"w x 25"d
- 202172 77" Sofa: 49"w x 22"d
- Seat back: 13" height
- Seat height (floor to top of cushion): 19"
- Arm height: 32"
- The dimensions listed are not precise measurements; they have been rounded up to the next whole inch. Our hand-tailoring upholstery involves manually cutting, sewing, and fitting material to frames, the dimensions of each style may vary slightly from piece to piece.
Composition and Construction
- Seven-ply engineered hardwood panels with glued and stapled mortise and tenon joints for extraordinary stability
- Removable legs
- Long-lasting oven-tempered coil spring units function independently for individualized comfort across the seating area.
- Soft foam, fiber and nonwoven ticking surround a dense core for sink-in comfort with firm support
PRODUCT CARE AND WARRANTY