We love this bold interpretation of a traditional ikat design by artist Chariklia Zarris. This is a print of a painting of a fabric pattern—and a new way to appreciate the beauty of ikat, a fabric whose threads are resist-dyed before weaving. Our giclée on paper is striking in high-contrast black and white. It’s double-matted (in black and white) for dimension and presented in a traditional flat black frame. Hang all four in the series together for a mesmerizing effect.
- Giclée on paper
- Contemporary matte black frame
- Double matted with white 6-ply mat over black
- Matted and framed by hand in our Passaic, New Jersey, workshop
- Includes innovative system for easy, secure no-wire hanging:
- Frames lock into place for safe, secure installation
- Hang artwork level every time
- No measuring, math, or extra hardware needed
- Everything is included to hang your artwork; bubble level, foam tape, plastic markers / bracket locks, nails, and self-stick bumper
- With an MA in Textile Design, Chariklia Zarris started her career working in embroidery and dyes. Now an artist at Old World Prints, a design and publishing company in Virginia, she finds joy in experimenting with combinations of various elements such as photography, painting, and illustration to create pieces that surpass traditional limitations of two-dimensional mediums.
PRODUCT CARE AND WARRANTY