This intriguing print and its companion piece, Woodland Insects l, are based on original works by artist Maria Mendez, which in turn were based on historical illustrations of insects. Recreated here in black and white, they retain the realism and detail that made the originals so compelling but gain a versatility that makes them suitable for a broad range of styles. These giclées on paper are double-matted and set in antiqued black wood frames.
- Giclée on paper
- Transitional textured wood frame
- Antiqued black finish
- Double matted with white 6-ply mat over black
- Matted and framed by hand in our Passaic, New Jersey, workshop
- Includes innovative system for easy, secure no-wire hanging:
- Frames lock into place for safe, secure installation
- Hang artwork level every time
- No measuring, math, or extra hardware needed
- Everything is included to hang your artwork; bubble level, foam tape, plastic markers / bracket locks, nails, and self-stick bumper
- Maria Mendez was born and brought up on one of the smaller islands of the Caribbean, and she still lives there today. Entirely self taught, she began collecting natural specimens, including flowers, ferns, leaves, and corals at a very young age, and over time, she went on to establish very successful collections of artwork made of these natural objects.
PRODUCT CARE AND WARRANTY