In this series, circular movement large and small dominates the images, which feel coastal, owing to their fresh, blue-and-white palettes with occasional gray touches. What makes them special is an unmistakable artist’s touch: each giclée is printed on deckle-edge paper, hand-embellished and floated against white linen. Presented in white lacquer frames, this series of six relatively small pieces is designed to be displayed together.
- Hand embellished giclée on paper
- Deckled edge paper
- Image floated over linen back
- Contemporary white lacquer frame
- Framed by hand in our Passaic, New Jersey, workshop
- Growing up surrounded by farms, animals and the desert, April Lake formed a strong connection with nature and the cycle of life. She graduated cum laude with a BFA from Arizona State University in 2005. During her studies, she concentrated on painting and was deeply inspired by the works of Cézanne, Bacon, de Kooning, and Calder. Nowadays, she finds inspiration in gardening and her annual trips to the beaches of Mexico. She shares her home in Tempe, Arizona, with her husband, two dogs and two cats.
PRODUCT CARE AND WARRANTY