ETHAN ALLEN ETHAN ALLEN IMPRESSIONS GIVEAWAY SWEEPSTAKES 2013 (the “Sweepstakes”) OFFICIAL RULES
1. No purchase or payment is necessary to enter or win. A purchase or payment will not improve your chances of winning. Void in Quebec and where prohibited by law.
2. Promotion: This Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET”) on March 31, 2013 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on May 27, 2013 ("Sweepstakes Period.”).
3. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored in the United States by Ethan Allen Retail, Inc., 25 Lake Avenue Extension, Danbury, Connecticut, 06811 and sponsored in Canada by Ethan Allen (Canada), Inc., 205 Trade Valley Road, Unit B, Vaughan, Ontario, Canada ("Sponsor”). This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By submitting an Official Entry Form you understand and acknowledge that you are providing your information to Sponsor and its affiliates and not to Facebook.
4. How to Enter our 2013 Impressions Giveaway Sweepstakes on Facebook NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Internet access and valid Facebook account required to participate. Online entry through the Sweepstakes WebSite only (as defined below); no other means of submission will be accepted. To enter, you must submit your Official Entry Form by visiting Ethan Allen’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ethanallendesign (the “Sweepstakes WebSite”), liking Ethan Allen’s Facebook page (if you have not previously liked it), completing the Sweepstakes Official Entry Form and following the instructions, including providing all mandatory information, including your first and last name, home mailing address and email address. By entering you grant Ethan Allen permission through the Facebook platform, to access your basic information and to post to your Wall. You will obtain one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for your Official Entry Form. Incomplete entries, failure to follow the instructions, procedures and/or these Official Rules shall render the entry invalid.
a. You can only use one (1) Facebook account in connection with the Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) entry per person during the Sweepstakes Period. If multiple entries are received from any one person, only the first entry will be considered and subsequent entries will be disqualified. All entries must be actually received during the Sweepstakes Period, regardless of the date or time submitted.
b. No substitutions of Official Entry Forms will be accepted under any circumstances, except as otherwise contemplated in these Official Rules. Proof of submission is not considered proof of delivery or receipt of such entry. Furthermore, Sponsor shall have no liability for any entry that is lost, intercepted or not received by Sponsor. Sponsor is the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes. All Official Entry Forms become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
5. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the Continental United States (or the District of Columbia) and Canada, excluding Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Quebec, the Yukon and Northwest Territories, and Manitoba who are 19 years or older at time of entry. This Sweepstakes is not open to officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of Sponsor, IDA members, Independent Licensees of Sponsor, Facebook, and each of their respective parent, affiliated and related companies, agencies and any other individual or entity associated with the development, judging, or administration of this Sweepstakes, including North Social as well as members of their immediate families (defined as spouses, children, siblings, parents, regardless of where they live) and persons living in the same household as the person (whether or not related) of such officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives.
Prizes and Approximate Retail Value (ARV): One (1) potential winner will be selected to receive: item # 248300-TI Trevor glass-top coffee table (ARV: $699 USD) and item # 248323 Trevor end table (ARV: $499 USD) in their choice of available finishes ("Prize”). Prize will be delivered to addresses in the United States or Canada (excluding Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Quebec, the Yukon and Northwest Territories, and Manitoba). No cash alternative or substitution of Prize will be allowed, except Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to substitute prizes (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. The Prize is non-transferrable. The winner agrees to accept the Prize “as is”. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen Prizes. Sponsor makes no representations or warranties with respect to any Prize. Any other costs or expenses associated with the Prizes will be the responsibility of selected winners.
6. Information Collected: By submitting an entry, participants acknowledge that any communication or information transmitted to Sponsor or the Sweepstakes WebSite by email or otherwise is and will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the person who submitted any entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an access provider, service provider, or other person or organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the account associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
7. Winners: All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner’s sole responsibility. Sponsor will issue a 1099 to any Winner who is a resident of the United States.
8. Odds of Winning: Odds of being selected as eligible to win the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Many will enter, only one (1) will win. Sponsor cannot accurately predict the number of entries to be submitted in the Sweepstakes.
9. Winner Selection: The potential winner will be selected, by Sponsor, in a random drawing to be held on or about May 28, 2013 from all eligible and qualified entries received in accordance with these Official Rules. The potential winner will be notified by email within twenty (20) days of the drawing at the email address provided by the entrant at the time of Sweepstakes entry. Please check your email and spam filters. If selected entrant is a Canadian resident, before being declared a winner, he/she must first correctly answer without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered at a mutually convenient time by telephone. If a winner cannot be reached for any reason whatsoever after reasonable effort has been exerted, or if he/she is found to be ineligible or if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules or if he/she is a Canadian entrant and does not correctly answer the skill-testing question within the time frame provided as noted above, the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected, who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner.
10. Verification of Winner: Applicable for US winners only: Prize winner may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, liability release, W-9 and (where imposing such condition is legal) a publicity release (collectively “Prize Claim Documents”). If any potential winner fails or refuses to sign and return all Prize Claim Documents within seven (7) days of Prize notification, or such shorter time as exigencies may require, the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected.
11. Use of Winner’s Name and Other Personal Information: Sponsor and its authorized agents will collect, use, and disclose the personal information you provide when you enter the Sweepstakes, for the purposes of administering the Sweepstakes and prize fulfillment. You may be offered the opportunity to receive additional communications from Sponsor about its products, and upcoming sweepstakes and promotions. The Sweepstakes WebSite is hosted on servers in the United States, and the personal information you provide may therefore also be subject to the laws of the United States.
Except where prohibited by Law, by accepting a prize, the winner grants Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries or affiliates the universal and perpetual right and license to use, exploit, print, publish, re-produce, display, distribute and broadcast and to grant others the right and license to use, exploit, print, publish, re-produce, display, distribute and broadcast the winners’ name, actual or simulated likeness, photograph, image, voice, portrait, picture, personal characteristics, biographical information and other personal identification in any and all languages, formats and media now known and hereafter developed in connection with Ethan Allen’s Facebook Page, Ethan Allen’s Website, the Sweepstakes and/or any Sweepstakes-related activity and any and all advertising, promotion, marketing, and/or publicity thereof including all ancillary and subsidiary rights therein, without additional consideration.
12. Disqualification: Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or, as applicable, the operation of the Sweepstakes WebSite or who is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules. Such a person will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the Law. Sponsor further reserves the right, at any time and without notice or obligation, to cancel, terminate, suspend or modify any sweepstakes, game or drawing not capable of completion as planned, including because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical or other failures of any sort or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor.
13. Official Rules: This Sweepstakes is subject to these Official Rules which will be available online on the Facebook page, on ethanallen.com, and on ethanallen.ca during the Sweepstakes Period. By entering the Sweepstakes, participants agree to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in these Official Rules of the Sweepstakes, or the Sweepstakes itself and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Sponsor, whose decision is binding and final in all respects.
14. Release: By entering, a participant agrees to release, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, and each of their respective Officers, Directors, Employees, Agents and Representatives from any liability (including without limitation liability for any property loss, damage (including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages), personal injury, bodily injury, death, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity), cost and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorney’s fees and costs) that may arise in connection with: (1) the entrants participation or inability to participate in the Sweepstakes; (2) typographical errors in these Official Rules or any Sweepstakes promotion materials; (3) acceptance or possession, defects in, use, misuse, or inability to use any Prize (or any component thereof) (except any product warranty applicable at the time of sale); (4) any change by Sponsor or any other person providing any of the components of a prize due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control or as otherwise permitted hereunder; (5) any interruption in or postponement, cancellation, or modification of the Sweepstakes; (6) human error; (7) incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission of any part of an entry (including without limitation, the entry information or any part thereof); (8) any technical malfunctions or unavailability of the Sweepstakes WebSite or other site, network, computer online system, computer equipment, software or internet service provider utilized by Sponsor or its parent, subsidiaries or affiliates or by any entrants; (9) interruption or inability to access the contest, any contest-related web pages or any online service via the internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; (10) any damage to entrants (or any third persons) computer or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the contest; (11) any lost or delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, defects, or any other error or malfunction; (12) any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries or affiliates or any of their Agents or Employees; or (13) any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary or affiliate. Each winner hereby acknowledged that Sponsor has neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in Law, relative to any Prize or component thereof. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, therefore such exclusions may not apply to you.
15. Disclaimers: If, by reason of any error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims may be included in a random drawing to award the advertised prizes. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of the Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
16. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of participants and Sponsor in connection with these Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of the State of Connecticut, without giving effect to any choice of Law or conflict of Law Rules or provisions. Any legal claims arising out of or related to this Sweepstakes or these Official Rules must be brought in Federal or State Courts located in Stamford, Connecticut.
17. Winner List/Rules: The name of the winners may be obtained after May 28, 2013 and before July 31, 2013 by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to Ethan Allen Impressions Giveaway Sweepstakes, Winner, Ethan Allen Global, Inc., 25 Lake Avenue Extension, Danbury, Connecticut, 06811, Attention: K. Bolan. For a copy of the Official Rules, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received before April 15, 2013 to Ethan Allen Impressions Giveaway Sweepstakes, Official Rules, Ethan Allen Global, Inc., 25 Lake Avenue Extension, Danbury, Connecticut, 06811, Attention: K. Bolan. Canadian residents may omit return postage.